Amigos! We are taking you to Spain… Passionate, sophisticated and devoted to living the good life, Spain is a country more diverse than you ever imagined. The various landscapes stir the soul, the food and wine are national obsessions, with breathtaking art and architecture to take in.
There’s a reason ‘fiesta’ is one of the best-known words in the Spanish language – life itself is a fiesta here and everyone is invited. Join Cultural Adventure Trips on this most amazing journey.
Cultural Adventure Trips will first take you to Barcelona, the capital city of the autonomous community of Catalonia in the Kingdom of Spain. Just imagine walking in this enchanting seaside city with boundless culture. Can you see yourself discovering the towering temple columns, ancient city walls and subterranean stone corridors, or taking a stroll through shadowy lanes of the Gothic quarter, and soaring 14th century cathedrals?
In other parts of town bloom the sculptural masterpieces of Modernism, a mix of ingenious and whimsical creations by Gaudi and his Catalan architectural contemporaries. Not only will you learn the history and architecture of this fascinating city, you will discover its culture by learning how to cook tapas, enjoying a tour of the different Spanish regions, plunge into the passionate world of flamenco while learning the basic flamenco dance moves, attend one of the most entertaining shows in the city, and so much more.
After discovering Barcelona, we will take you to one of the most amazing places ever; a small village in the Spanish Pyrenees, in a majestic corner of the Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park. There, in a high and open valley surrounded by beautiful mountains, lies a tiny village and an amazing private house where you will stay. In this surpassing setting, we will have you discover yoga as an art of living and teach you simple tools that can help you live in harmony with nature wherever you are. Enjoy this week with your loved ones through yoga, hikes, music, dance, acrobatics, sports, creative activities and social learning experiences. There, you will absolutely reconnect to the rhythms of nature and enjoy the luxury of simplicity in this hidden paradise.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR
This special life-changing adventure/educational trip is geared towards families and family activities, but all are welcome. Our local guides will make sure you each have the adventure of a lifetime. The world is our school and everyone is our teacher. Not only will you learn about this amazing region of the world, you will also be able to participate in some very unique local activities and get involved in giving back to the community.
There will be time spent specifically with children traveling with us to encourage cultural awareness and understanding, and the ways each person can participate in global efforts to improve our world.
This trip will amaze, fulfill and rejuvenate you as well as create lifelong memories and understandings about the world we live in. You will make new friends and strengthen the bond with your loved ones sharing this adventure with you.
- 4 days and 4 nights in Barcelona
- 7 days and 6 nights in small village in Spanish Pyrenees
- Listen to some amazing stories and learn the history of Barcelona through a uniquely fun and interactive tour of the old city
- Experience the contrast of Spain’s history blending with the current culture of today
- Visit a local market, learn how to cook tapas with a Spanish Chef, accompanied by local wine tasting
- Visit the finest dining, tasting local wines and dishes
- Discover the amazing work of architect Antoni Gaudi by visiting some of his most amazing masterpieces (children and adults will love learning about this artist through a scavenger hunt through one of his masterpieces!)
- Attend a mosaics class near one of Gaudi’s properties and get inspired to create a Gaudi-like art piece to take home
- Discover in a very entertaining way over 4000 pieces of art at the Pablo Picasso Museum and learn about the deep relationship Picasso had with Barcelona, how it shaped his adolescence and youth, and continued until his death
- Take a dining tour of the different Spanish regions
- Watch the amazing flamenco performers, and learn some of their passionate rhythms
- Attend one of the most celebrated dance shows in Barcelona
- Take yoga classes in one of the most amazing settings in the Spanish Pyrenees (daily adults and teens yoga-asana classes while in the Spanish Pyrenees, daily kids Yoga-asana and games sessions)
- Participate in meditation sessions (shorter sessions with some concentration techniques for kids and teens)
- Discover the magic of the Spanish Pyrenees with fun mindful hiking excursions to integrate nature and harmony interpretation
- Swim in the river and picnic in nature
- Learn how to bake bread and make cookies
- Join music, chanting and storytelling sessions
- Participate in Karma Yoga: learn to act mindfully, to give your best wholeheartedly. You will help with easy tasks (drying dishes, sweeping, bringing water from the spring, gardening, etc..) to cultivate the sense of responsibility and collaboration
- Play games that promote cooperation and friendship
- Share in circles to promote open communication and foster a sense of community and support within the group
- Day 1: Arrival in Barcelona, transfer to hotel, hotel check-in, introductory dinner near the hotel
- Day 2: Breakfast, morning walking tour in the old city with local guide, lunch* and free afternoon, cooking class, dinner and wine tasting in the evening
- Day 3: Breakfast, visit one of Antoni Gaudi’s masterpieces, lunch*, mosaics class, gastronomic tour and dinner with a flamenco show in the evening
- Day 4: Breakfast, visit the Pablo Picasso Museum, lunch*, free afternoon (beach time or visit another Gaudi masterpiece) and evening
- Day 5: Breakfast, departure for Spanish Pyrenees, lunch*, afternoon arrival at the village, dinner, meditation
- Day 6: Meditation, yoga class for adults, breakfast, nature walk, karma yoga, yoga for kids, lunch, family activities (cooking class, acrobatics, nature art, etc.), kirtan and music, satsang for adults and outdoor activities for children, dinner, meditation for adults
- Day 7: Meditation, yoga for adults, breakfast, kids’ yoga, excursion/trekking/swimming in the river, picnic, kirtan, yoga, dinner, satsang
- Day 8: Meditation, yoga for adults, breakfast, walk in nature, karma yoga, yoga for kids, lunch, family activities (cooking class, acrobatics, nature art, etc.), kirtan and music, satsang for adults and outdoor activities for children, dinner, meditation for adults
- Day 9: Meditation, yoga for adults, breakfast, kids yoga class, excursion/trekking/swimming in the river, picnic, kirtan, yoga class, dinner, satsang
- Day 10: Meditation, yoga for adults, breakfast, walk in nature, karma yoga, yoga for kids, lunch, family activities (cooking class, acrobatics, nature art, etc.), kirtan and music, satsang for adults and outdoor activities for children, dinner, meditation for adults
- Day 11: Meditation, yoga for adults, breakfast, leave for Barcelona, lunch* on the road, drop off at airport and/or center of town.
*Activities at your additional cost
Itinerary subject to change.
Traditional Spanish cuisine is down-to-earth, uncomplicated food that is based on locally grown and regional ingredients. Many dishes are prepared today using the same cooking methods and ingredients as they were two or three hundred years ago. Like the Romans, the Arabs, who conquered and lived in Spain for 800 years made fabulous contributions to Spanish cuisine, and their influence is seen in many recipes. Other dishes sprang up from European and American influences, and were adapted to the Spanish taste. One thing is for sure, food in Spain is fresh, abundant, and full of flavor, and the Spanish love their food dearly. You will be able to experience it all in the various restaurants we will visit in Barcelona.
In the Spanish Pyrenees
All meals are prepared with love and care. The food is, as much as possible, organic, local and seasonal, following a vegetarian diet. The balanced, healthy and delicious meals are children and adult friendly. The location where we will be staying for a week is free of drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.
Our focus is to offer you affordable and comfortable cultural experiences. Rest assured that all accommodations have been tested by our team and are located in safe areas.
Please note that computer and internet access may be limited in certain locations. This will be an opportunity for you to totally experience your environment and what you are learning. You will disconnect from your routine, and fully engage and embrace your experience.
You will be staying in a very quiet and secure centrally-located hotel, offering breakfast in the morning, WiFi, television, small stores nearby, showers and/or bathtubs, rooms with one, two or three beds depending on how many in your party.
In the Spanish Pyrenees
You will be staying in dormitories accommodating 6 people, and families will share the space with other families. Bathrooms with several showers will be shared. Double rooms are available for an additional fee.
- $2,300 USD per person (double occupancy), single occupancy rates available for Barcelona only
- $2,100 USD per child (12 and under, sharing room with parent)
- $1,900 USD per person for yoga week in the Spanish Pyrenees only (departure from Barcelona)
- $1,700 USD per child (12 and under) for yoga week in the Spanish Pyrenees only (departure from Barcelona)
- $500 USD non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
- Balance due 60 days prior to trip date
- Payment plans available
- All accommodations in Barcelona and the Spanish Pyrenees for the duration of the trip
- Airport transfers
- Round-trip transportation from Barcelona to the Spanish Pyrenees
- All ground transportation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the entire trip unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
- All workshops, classes, tours unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
Does not include
- International and/or domestic airfare
- Laundry service in Barcelona (you will be able to do laundry for free in the Spanish Pyrenees)
- Snacks and meals during travel days or meals on certain days as specified in the daily schedule
- Extras such as souvenirs, toiletries, and other personal items
SEND US AN EMAIL TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP:
OR CALL US AT: +1 323 522 5831
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Please check this link for specific regulations for this trip, and see your doctor for all medical requirements:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
A non-refundable deposit per person and per trip of $500 is required to hold your spot. The remainder of the full balance is due 90 days prior to the trip start date. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within that frame.
There is a minimum of 6 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be canceled by Cultural Adventure Trips, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees paid to Cultural Adventure Trips which will constitute full settlement or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. We recommend purchasing optional trip/travel insurance.
If Cultural Adventure Trips should cancel a trip within 30 days of departure because of natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest, you will receive a full refund only. Cultural Adventure Trips is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
If you must cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation fee per person is as follows:
Number of days prior to trip start:
91+ days: $500 (deposit is non-refundable)
61-90 days: 25% of trip price
31-60 days: 50% of trip price
0-30 days: 100% of trip price
Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including those of weather or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Single room supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to cancellation fees. If you fail to provide signed “Release of Liability, Assumption of All Risk, Indemnification and Cancellation Policy” and Personal Information forms prior to your trip departure, you will not be allowed to join the trip and will be subject to Cultural Adventure Trips’ standard cancellation policy as described above.