Can you see yourself on a life changing adventure trip to some of the most beautiful Indonesian islands? Come and join us on a magical life changing adventure trip to the exotic islands Bali, Lombok and Gili Air to explore, learn and connect with the beautiful people of Indonesia.
On this unbelievable adventure trip, surrounded by rice fields, beautiful beaches and Hindu temples, you will experience the healing energy of yoga and meditation. Each day, our team will take you on a new adventure to explore the beautiful Balinese countryside in search of the monumental Royal Temple of Mengwi, and admire the astounding architecture of this place. You will gain fascinating insight into Indonesia’s heritage and get acquainted with playful monkeys that reside in the sacred Monkey Forest.
Other activities include walking through forested areas and plantations full of Balinese crops and explore timeless small villages, taking a local cooking class and learning how to wear Balinese garments.
You will travel to the magical island of Lombok and its small tropical neighbor, Gili Air, which are both blessed with breathtaking turquoise bays, exquisite white-sand beaches, epic surf, a lush forested interior and hiking trails through tobacco and rice fields. You will also participate in pottery and weaving classes and learn about the local traditional dances.
Stay an extra week to journey to the island of Borneo. Immerse yourself in the local community and fascinating wildlife of the rainforest. Get involved with conservation activities in a village along the Kinabatangan River. Travel to an Orangutan Rehabilitation Center where you will be involved with conservation efforts to ensure these amazing animals have a future in Borneo. This will truly be a week out of your life unlike anything you will experience at home!
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR
This special life-changing adventure trip is for all ages. The focus of this trip is for anyone wishing to experience a culture very unique and different from your own. Not only will you learn about this amazing region of the world, you will also participate in some very unique local activities and get involved in a much-needed humanitarian effort with the Orangutans.
In addition, there will be time spent specifically with children traveling with us to encourage cultural awareness and understanding, and the ways each person can participate in global efforts to improve our world.
This trip will amaze, fulfill and rejuvenate you as well as create lifelong memories and understandings about the world we live in. You will make new friends and strengthen the bond with your loved ones sharing this adventure with you.
- 5 days in Bali and 3 days in Lombok and 3 days in Gili Air
- Explore the beautiful Balinese countryside and admire the astounding architecture of nearby temples
- Visit lush plantations and their rich crop of coffee and spices
- Understand Hindu religion and the various ceremonies and customs of the Balinese people
- Participate in rejuvenating morning yoga classes and evening meditation
- Take part in a traditional pottery and hand-weaving classes,
- Try on local traditional costumes
- Tour a traditional Ubud market, visit local art galleries and museums
- Visit the amazing Uluwatu Temple with magnificent views of the Indian Ocean
- Learn how to prepare a delicious traditional meal with local chef
- Relax with beach time and snorkeling in the ocean
- Go island hopping and exploring deserted beaches
- Visit local pearl farms, waterfalls and the resort town of Senggigi
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer from airport to Bali resort, dinner and introductions
- Day 2: Yoga, breakfast, travel to Keliki Village with the van for a guided tour of local homes and family compounds. We will be the guests of a local painter who will gladly show us how to draw in the Keliki style of art. Then we will enjoy a serene walk through local rice fields, alongside a rambling river and through coconut groves and tropical fruit fields. There will be fresh fruit samples for everyone. Lunch*, free afternoon (relax by the pool and/or book a massage*). For those interested: a discussion on how to raise compassionate children. Children’s activities offered at the resort: kite-flying, dancing and children’s games. Cooking class in late afternoon and dinner.
- Day 3: Yoga, breakfast, free morning to walk around Ubud and visit art galleries and nearby markets and museums, lunch*, early afternoon departure with van to see Uluwatu Cliff, seafood dinner at Jimbaran Bay with Kecak show (traditional Balinese dancing). We will visit Uluwatu Temple (Uluwatu Pura), perched dramatically on top of a coastal cliff, with amazing views on the Indian Ocean.
- Day 4: Yoga, breakfast, departure for all day tour (Batubulan Village, Tirta Empul Temple, Monkey Forest with traditional lunch, visit lush plantations and their rich crop of coffee and spices, admire a Balinese Keris Dance), dinner at the resort.
- Day 5: Yoga, Breakfast, transfer to airport late morning, departure for Lombok (by air), arrival at hotel in Lombok, introduction lunch with our local guide, free afternoon and dinner*.
- Day 6: Breakfast, day trip to visit traditional Sasak village, pottery workshop, hand-weaving workshop, try on local traditional costumes, drive to Kuta Beach, lunch*, drive to Tajung Aan Beach for a swim, dinner at the hotel
- Day 7: Breakfast, day trip to visit local pearl farms, waterfalls, lunch*, visit woodcarving village, visit small traditional village where there are almost no tourists, dinner at hotel, enjoy sunset over the Lombok Strait looking towards the Bali Volcano
- Day 8: Breakfast, transfer (by car and large outrigger boat) to Gili Air island resort, lunch, free afternoon to explore, dinner, meditation.
- Day 9: Light breakfast, yoga class, beach time and snorkeling*, lunch, dinner, meditation.
- Day 10: Light breakfast, yoga class, island hoping to visit Gili Meno or Gili Trawangan for the day, lunch*, explore the deserted beaches of Gili Meno, or the high vibe and many restaurants of Trawangan, before returning Gili Air in the late afternoon, dinner at the resort, meditation.
- Day 11: Breakfast, check out and departure for Bali, transfer to Bali Airport for your international flight or domestic flight to Borneo for those who chose the add-on BORNEO HUMANITARIAN ADVENTURE TRIP.
*Activities at your own cost
Itinerary subject to change
Please click on the link below for more information about the add-on trip to the jungle in Borneo (Special rates if you purchase it as an add-on trip to the INCREDIBLE INDONESIA trip):
All of the meals at the resort are made with market-fresh ingredients and seasonal delicacies and are mostly vegetarian. If you notify us in advance, we will make every effort to accommodate any special diet concerns you may have. Local restaurants offer menus of local and international cuisine.
In Lombok and Gili Air
Food is simply prepared, and made with predominantly locally sourced ingredients. Again, we will try to accommodate any special diet concerns you may have.
Our focus is to offer you affordable and comfortable cultural experiences. Rest assured that all accommodations have been tested by our team and are located in safe areas.
Please note that computer and internet access may be limited in certain locations. This will be an opportunity for you to totally experience your environment and what you are learning. You will disconnect from your routine, and fully engage and embrace your experience.
We will be staying in a lovely resort surrounded by rice fields and lush vegetation. It is located only minutes away from central Ubud. All rooms offer western-type bathrooms, air-conditioning and balconies. As sunset falls, sounds of water and tall rice stalks rustling in the wind mixed with sounds of frogs in harmony, creates a serene atmosphere.
You will first be staying in a comfortable traditional style hotel in Senggigi with great views near the art market and the beach.
In Gili Air
We will take you to an idyllic resort on the island of Gili Air. Sunrise, sunset, sea, sand, scuba, snorkeling and yoga… need we say more?
- $2,500 USD per person (double occupancy), single occupancy rates available
- $2.100 USD per child (12 and under, sharing room with parent)
- $500 USD non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
- Balance due 60 days prior to trip date
- Payment plans available
- All accommodation in Bali, Lombok and Gili Air for the duration of the Adventure Trip
- Airport transfers
- All ground transportation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the entire trip unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
- All workshops, classes, tours unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
Does not include
- International and domestic airfares
- Travel insurance to include cover for repatriation
- Visas if required
- Laundry services
- Snacks and meals during travel days or meals on certain days as specified in the daily schedule
- Extras such as souvenirs, toiletries, batteries, sunscreen and other personal items
SEND US AN EMAIL TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP:
OR CALL US AT: +1 323 522 5831
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Please check this link for specific regulations for this trip, and see your doctor for all medical requirements:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
A non-refundable deposit per person and per trip of $500 is required to hold your spot. The remainder of the full balance is due 90 days prior to the trip start date. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within that frame.
There is a minimum of 6 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be canceled by Cultural Adventure Trips, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees paid to Cultural Adventure Trips which will constitute full settlement or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. We recommend purchasing optional trip/travel insurance.
If Cultural Adventure Trips should cancel a trip within 30 days of departure because of natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest, you will receive a full refund only. Cultural Adventure Trips is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
If you must cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation fee per person is as follows:
Number of days prior to trip start:
91+ days: $500 (deposit is non-refundable)
61-90 days: 25% of trip price
31-60 days: 50% of trip price
0-30 days: 100% of trip price
Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including those of weather or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Single room supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to cancellation fees. If you fail to provide signed “Release of Liability, Assumption of All Risk, Indemnification and Cancellation Policy” and Personal Information forms prior to your trip departure, you will not be allowed to join the trip and will be subject to Cultural Adventure Trips’ standard cancellation policy as described above.