Au Revoir! Bon Voyage! We’re off to France! We invite you to join us on a Cultural Adventure like you have never before experienced. Step up, step out and let’s go on a journey through culture, history, and into communities of today.
France is world renowned for world-class art and architecture. As the world’s top destination of 85 million people, it seduces visitors who flock to the land of the Gauls to delight in its extraordinary wealth of history and the arts.
First in Paris, one of Europe’s foremost centers of culture, and then traveling to the stunning medieval village of Balazuc in the South of France, we promise you some of the most amazing experiences of blending history with current life today.
Through a combination of history, art, culture, community-living, and service, this journey will involve you in cooking and art classes, gardening, swimming in the river, visiting nearby villages, climbing, canyoning, caving, canoeing and mountain biking. Let yourself explore an unforgettable adventure on this trip to France.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR
This special life-changing adventure/educational trip is geared towards families and family activities, but all are welcome. Our local guides will make sure you each have the adventure of a lifetime. The world is our school and everyone is our teacher. Not only will you learn about this amazing region of the world, you will also be able to participate in some very unique local activities and get involved in giving back to the community.
There will be time spent specifically with children traveling with us to encourage cultural awareness and understanding, and the ways each person can participate in global efforts to improve our world.
This trip will amaze, fulfill and rejuvenate you as well as create lifelong memories and understandings about the world we live in. You will make new friends and strengthen the bond with your loved ones sharing this adventure with you.
- 4 days/4 nights in Paris
- 7 days/6 nights in Balazuc, a village in the South of France
- Listen to some amazing stories about Paris by visiting the best chocolate and pastry-makers in the French capital
- Learn how to prepare classic French dishes with a French Chef
- Learn the history of this city and its ancient roots during a magical walking tour with a savvy local guide, uncovering the little-known treasures of Paris, hidden alleys and grand boulevards
- Discover the Luxembourg Gardens, one of the most amazing play areas in the world
- Find treasures in a Scavenger hunt at the Louvre, one of the most famous museums in the world. Both children and adults will discover things in a fun and meaningful way
- Have lunch at the oldest café in Paris and sit where notables such as Voltaire, Napoleon Bonaparte, Benjamin Franklin, Robespierre, Danton and Jean-Paul Marat sat during the French Revolution
- Dine on the Seine River with music and unforgettable views of Parisian monuments
- Bake bread the traditional way
- Learn about sustainable development of land in a small medieval village
- Be creative in nature art classes
- Swim and wade in the river
- Get involved with activities such as climbing, canyoning, caving, canoeing and mountain biking
- Day 1: Arrival in Paris, hotel check-in, introductory dinner near the hotel
- Day 2: Breakfast, morning walking tour with a Parisian guide, lunch at the Luxembourg Gardens at the Buvette des Marionettes*, option to stay and play in the Gardens playground area, puppet shows, pony rides, vintage toy boats, then a cooking class in the evening and dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast, Scavenger Hunt at the Louvre in the morning, lunch*, free afternoon. Optional activity for those interested: discussion on how to involve compassionate children. Dinner cruise on the Seine River
- Day 4: Breakfast, Chocolate and Pastry Tour in the morning, lunch at the Procope, the oldest restaurant in Paris with great history*, free afternoon and evening. Optional activity for those interested: discussion on how to involve compassionate children.
- Day 5: Breakfast, travel to the South of France; about 6 hours on mini-bus, lunch stop*, dinner in Balazuc with local team, guided visit of the hamlet
- Day 6: Breakfast, visit of the vegetable garden, picking up crops, cooking workshop to prepare lunch and dinner, lunch, free afternoon, evening walk with local guide and picnic dinner by the river
- Day 7: Breakfast, day of making traditional pizza and baking bread, lunch, work, pizza party in the evening
- Day 8: Breakfast, free day for you to explore (lunch*, various activities*, and dinner*). Activities could include climbing, viaferrata, hiking in the canyon, caving, canoeing and mountain biking
- Day 9: Breakfast, “Learn how to give back” workshop: Service help at the farm, build and paint a fence. Lunch, continuation of the “Learn how to give back” workshop. Dinner
- Day 10: Breakfast, “Nature Art Workshop”, lunch, continuation of the “Nature Art Workshop” and free time. Dinner
- Day 11: Breakfast, departure for Paris by mini-bus, trip approximately 6 hours, lunch stop*, drop-off at Garde de Lyon.
*Activities at your additional cost
Itinerary subject to change.
A typical French breakfast will be offered at the hotel. Lunches and dinners included in this trip will be typical French cuisine. Most of the meals will be served in local restaurants and will be local French cuisine. Please inform us in advance, and we will make every effort to accommodate any special diet concerns you have.
Food served in the house where we will be staying will be chosen and cooked by us with the help of the local staff. All ingredients will be provided everyday. Please inform us in advance, and we will make every effort to accommodate any special diet concerns you have.
Our focus is to offer you affordable and comfortable cultural experiences. Rest assured that all accommodations have been tested by our team and are located in safe areas.
Please note that computer and internet access may be limited in certain locations. This will be an opportunity for you to totally experience your environment and what you are learning. You will disconnect from your routine, and fully engage and embrace your experience.
You will be staying in a very quiet and secure centrally-located hotel, offering breakfast in the morning, WiFi, television, small stores nearby, showers and/or bathtubs, rooms with one, two or three beds depending on how many in your party.
Each family will have their own room or share the larger room in a recently renovated house in the hamlet. Bedrooms have 4 to 8 beds. Common areas such as kitchen and dining room are shared, along with a terrace, bathrooms and showers. The renovated house offers a total of 18 beds divided in rooms of 4, 6 and 8 beds.
If you are not traveling as a family, you may stay in the house with the families depending on availability or at the large house next door which offers a total of 28 beds divided in rooms of 2, 4, 5, 8 and 10 beds.
- $2,600 USD per person (double occupancy), since occupancy rates available for Paris only
- $2,300 USD per child (12 and under, sharing room with parent)
- $1,900 USD per person for eco-farming week (departure from Gare de Lyon in Paris)
- $1,700 USD per child (12 and under) for eco-farming week only (departure from Gare de Lyon)
- $500 USD non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
- Balance due 60 days prior to trip date
- All accommodations in Paris and South of France for the duration of the trip
- Round-trip transportation from Paris to Balazuc
- All ground transportation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the entire trip unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
- All workshops, classes, tours unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
Does not include
- International and/or domestic airfare
- Airport transfers
- Laundry service in Paris (you will be able to do laundry for free in the South of France)
- Snacks and meals during travel days or meals on certain days as specified in the daily schedule
- Extras such as souvenirs, toiletries, and other personal items
SEND US AN EMAIL TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP:
OR CALL US AT: +1 323 522 5831
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Please check this link for specific regulations for this trip, and see your doctor for al medical requirements:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
A non-refundable deposit per person and per trip of $500 is required to hold your spot. The remainder of the full balance is due 90 days prior to the trip start date. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within that frame.
There is a minimum of 6 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be canceled by Cultural Adventure Trips, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees paid to Cultural Adventure Trips which will constitute full settlement or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. We recommend purchasing optional trip/travel insurance.
If Cultural Adventure Trips should cancel a trip within 30 days of departure because of natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest, you will receive a full refund only. Cultural Adventure Trips is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
If you must cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation fee per person is as follows:
Number of days prior to trip start:
91+ days: $500 (deposit is non-refundable)
61-90 days: 25% of trip price
31-60 days: 50% of trip price
0-30 days: 100% of trip price
Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including those of weather or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Single room supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to cancellation fees. If you fail to provide signed “Release of Liability, Assumption of All Risk, Indemnification and Cancellation Policy” and Personal Information forms prior to your trip departure, you will not be allowed to join the trip and will be subject to Cultural Adventure Trips’ standard cancellation policy as described above.