Au Revoir! Bon Voyage! We’re off to the South of France! We invite you to join us on a Cultural Adventure like you have never before experienced. Step up, step out and let’s go on a journey through culture, history, and into communities of today.
When most of us think of the South of France, we tend to picture yachts in Cannes and beachfront hotels that we’ll never be able to afford, but that’s only one part of the picture. There are many charms beyond the clichés, and the area is worth considerations for nearly everyone. With beautiful surroundings, pleasant weather, delicious cuisine, and plenty of lesser-known towns that offer a slower pace of life than their jet-set neighbors, the South of France may just surprise you.
Cultural Adventure Trips is taking you to the stunning medieval village of Balazuc in the South of France and we promise you some of the most amazing experiences of blending history with current life today.
Through a combination of history, art, culture, community-living, and service, this journey will involve you in cooking and art classes, gardening, swimming in the river, visiting nearby villages, climbing, canyoning, caving, canoeing and mountain biking. Let yourself explore an unforgettable adventure on this trip to the South of France.
WHO IS THIS TRIP FOR
This special life-changing adventure/educational trip is geared towards families and family activities, but all are welcome. Our local guides will make sure you each have the adventure of a lifetime. The world is our school and everyone is our teacher. Not only will you learn about this amazing region of the world, you will also be able to participate in some very unique local activities and get involved in giving back to the community.
There will be time spent specifically with children traveling with us to encourage cultural awareness and understanding, and the ways each person can participate in global efforts to improve our world.
This trip will amaze, fulfill and rejuvenate you as well as create lifelong memories and understandings about the world we live in. You will make new friends and strengthen the bond with your loved ones sharing this adventure with you.
- 7 days/6 nights in Balazuc, a village in the South of France
- Learn the history of this village and its ancient roots during a magical walking tour with a savvy local guide
- Uncover the little-known treasures and a series of labyrinths created by the erosion which cut out the soil in immense faults creating a mineral and vegetable chaos full of strange rock shapes sculpted by nature
- Learn how to bake bread the traditional way
- Be creative in nature art classes
- Learn about sustainable development of land, composting and get introduced to natural construction techniques
- Swim and wade in the river
- Get involved with activities such as climbing, canyoning, caving, canoeing and mountain biking
- Day 1: Departure in the morning from Gare de Lyon (Paris), travel to the South of France by train and then by bus (about 4 hours), lunch in the train*, dinner in Balazuc with local team, guided visit of the hamlet
- Day 2: Breakfast, visit of the vegetable garden, picking up crops, cooking workshop to prepare lunch and dinner, lunch, free afternoon, evening walk with local guide and picnic dinner by the river
- Day 3: Breakfast, day of making traditional pizza and baking bread, lunch, continuation of the bread-making workshop, pizza party in the evening
- Day 4: Breakfast, free day for you to explore (lunch*, various activities*, and dinner*). Activities could include climbing, viaferrata, hiking in the canyon, caving, canoeing and mountain biking
- Day 5: Breakfast, “Learn how to give back” workshop: Service help at the farm, build and paint a fence. Lunch, continuation of the “Learn how to give back” workshop. Dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast, “Nature Art Workshop”, lunch, continuation of the “Nature Art Workshop” and free time. Dinner
- Day 7: Breakfast, departure for Paris (bus and train), lunch in the train*, arrival at Gare de Lyon (Paris) late afternoon
*Activities at your additional cost
Itinerary subject to change.
Food served in the house where we will be staying will be chosen and cooked by us with the help of the local staff. All ingredients will be provided everyday. Please inform us in advance, and we will make every effort to accommodate any special diet concerns you have.
Our focus is to offer you affordable and comfortable cultural experiences. Rest assured that all accommodations have been tested by our team and are located in safe areas.
Please note that computer and internet access may be limited in certain locations. This will be an opportunity for you to totally experience your environment and what you are learning. You will disconnect from your routine, and fully engage and embrace your experience.
Each family will have their own room or share the larger room in a recently renovated house in the hamlet. Bedrooms have 4 to 8 beds. Common areas such as kitchen and dining room are shared, along with a terrace, bathrooms and showers. The renovated house offers a total of 18 beds divided in rooms of 4, 6 and 8 beds.
- $1,800 USD per person (departure from Paris)
- $1,500 USD per child (12 and under) (departure from Paris)
- $500 USD non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
- Balance due 60 days prior to trip date
- All accommodations in the South of France for the duration of the trip
- Round-trip transportation from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Balazuc
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the entire trip unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
- All workshops, classes, tours unless otherwise specified in the daily schedule
Does not include
- International and/or domestic airfare
- Transfers to airport
- Snacks and meals during travel days or meals on certain days as specified in the daily schedule
- Extras such as souvenirs, toiletries, and other personal items
SEND US AN EMAIL TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP:
OR CALL US AT: +1 323 522 5831
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Please check this link for specific regulations for this trip, and see your doctor for all medical requirements:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
A non-refundable deposit per person and per trip of $500 is required to hold your spot. The remainder of the full balance is due 90 days prior to the trip start date. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within that frame.
There is a minimum of 6 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be canceled by Cultural Adventure Trips, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees paid to Cultural Adventure Trips which will constitute full settlement or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. We recommend purchasing optional trip/travel insurance.
If Cultural Adventure Trips should cancel a trip within 30 days of departure because of natural disaster, terrorism or civil unrest, you will receive a full refund only. Cultural Adventure Trips is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellations or illness.
If you must cancel your reservation for any reason, the cancellation fee per person is as follows:
Number of days prior to trip start:
91+ days: $500 (deposit is non-refundable)
61-90 days: 25% of trip price
31-60 days: 50% of trip price
0-30 days: 100% of trip price
Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including those of weather or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Single room supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to cancellation fees. If you fail to provide signed “Release of Liability, Assumption of All Risk, Indemnification and Cancellation Policy” and Personal Information forms prior to your trip departure, you will not be allowed to join the trip and will be subject to Cultural Adventure Trips’ standard cancellation policy as described above.